Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Thank you, Ed


 I wrote a letter to Ed, explaining the things he has done for me in my life, as well as how he has destroyed it. I highly recommend this activity because it’s helpful to look back at when I feel less motivated. This is only the first part. Why Ed has been wonderful to me.

Ed, you have been my guide throughout this past semester, you have been my shoulder to lean on, and most importantly, you have helped me attain my goal of losing weight and being happier with my body and myself. You have filled that empty black hole and made me realize that I am not worthless and I truly know that the skinnier I get, the more supportive you will be and I want to make you proud. You have enabled me to feel stronger at school, in the sense that I didn’t need food to survive, while most others do. You have proven to me that I can achieve my goals if I set my mind to it. You tell me that I am prettier when I don’t eat, and I appreciate the compliment. You have given me the self-control that I so badly wanted, that I could not achieve through academics or sports. You were so affectionate when I didn’t eat, explaining to me that I am on my way to achieving happiness as long as I continue down this path. You have given me an escape, a way to deal with my insecurities. You have given me a sense of safety; you were my protector, mentor, and friend. You have been so supportive, but I can’t help but think about what my life has come to now when I put all my trust in you. You defied my trust, you lied to me, and you changed my value system. And now, I must learn that you are not what I need in my life right now, or ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment