Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hell at the Dinner Table


When I first arrived home, the dinner table was the last place on Earth I wanted to be. I had to face the most terrible, scary, and horrific thing: food. No one could force me to eat, until December 23. Family dinners were no longer the enjoyable, relaxing, debriefing part of the day, but a time of tears, fears, and misery. My days were spent anticipating and dreading meals, recalling the constant pain I had with each bite.

The main struggles were:
Stomach pain
Dizziness
Headache
Lethargy
Grumpiness
Super emotional
Thinking of how much weight I was gaining with every bite (that’s a lot of time spent thinking about food, although I was used to this from the previous months)

The good news is that most of the symptoms only lasted a few months. Once my body was used to regulating and digesting food, a lot of aspects improved. It just took a lot of patience and motivation. The more weight I gained, the less pain I had. Soon I was able to eat 4000+ calories a day (which is crucial for any weight gain).

No comments:

Post a Comment