Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Common Misconceptions (Or maybe just misconceptions I had)

These are the things Ed convinced me of or that I thought last semester.

We only lose weight in the places we want to lose weight.

We can control Ed.

We don’t lose muscle, just fat.

You will be happy with your weight and how you look after you lose a couple of pounds.

Being thin will solve all other problems in your life.

You are gaining control by restricting or purging.

Nothing wrong/bad will ever happen to you or your body because you’ll never get to ‘that point’ and you’ll stop before you do.

People will judge you if they know that you have an eating disorder so it’s better not to tell anyone.

I’m fine because I’ve only been restricting for a few months.

Getting help is a sign that you can’t control yourself and is a sign of weakness.

Eating normal amounts will make you fat.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this. As I am currently in recovery, I'm starting to recognize that I thought all of these things, and that they're not true!

    ReplyDelete