Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Media



How can I convince myself that eating full fat foods are best and healthiest when I am surrounded by media implying that I should feel guilty for wanting meals containing normal amounts of calories?

My mom and I were shopping at my favorite grocery store, Trader Joe’s when we stumbled across some ‘reduced guilt potato chips,’ composed mainly of air (literally, they bragged about that). Why would we pay money for air? Because for people who love chips, an entire packet is only 330 calories. Seems amazing! We proceeded to find multiple lines of food that reduce guilty feelings. Maybe there should be a line called ‘feel guilty foods.’ Obviously, that would never sell. Food should not be tied to our emotional state, because we need it to survive. That’s it. End of story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment