Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to School

-->
 After a successful trip to Europe, I have 2 weeks to recuperate before returning to school. My worries are diminishing as my faith in myself is increasing. I think I can do it. I can cook and feed myself in the company of friends. I can say ‘no’ to extra jobs that I don’t have time for. I can control the amount of exercise I do. All the months of Maudsley therapy have come down to this. This is what I have worked towards. This is my ultimate goal: returning to the once treasured and loved college campus. I will no longer have the posters in my new room with quotes like “I am worth being healthy for” and “If you hear a voice within you say ‘You can’t paint,’ then paint, and that voice will be heard.” But I know they will still apply.
I know continuing in my recovery will be hard at times. Because of Ed. There will be times I forget the importance of eating frequently, when Ed will convince me that food is not necessary, but I can fight him. I know he’s wrong. I am creating a support network at school so I won’t be alone. Now is my time to shine. I hope I don’t let anyone down.

No comments:

Post a Comment